Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Beginnings

I put in my notice at work yesterday. How am I feeling? Excited, Scared, Excited, Scared, etc.! I'm excited to spend more time with Greyson and to pursue photography classes and techniques. On the other hand, I'm scared that Greyson will drive me nuts and that starting my own photography business won't pan out. I feel extremely blessed that Luke and I could make this decision and at least give it a go.

I spent some time today researching different photography classes, schools, seminars, etc. I found a class in Columbia that meets on Tuesday for 10 weeks from 7pm-9pm. It looks like it might be a good starting point, so I requested more information. There are lots of great classes offered in Kansas City, but I can't find any that are offered on Saturdays. I would be willing to go a few Saturdays in a row, but the only thing that I can find are night classes.

Now that I've made the decision to pursue photography, I want to jump right in. I want to go outside and take photos to practice. Then, I realize that its like 105 degrees outside and I would have a heat stroke if I was going to go outside.

I already have a client and its going to be a maternity shoot. Yeah! I'm excited. Stacey has graciously allowed me to use her as a guinea pig. I guess she wouldn't technically be a client, but I can pretend. I'm already thinking about all the different poses that I can have her do and the editing effects that will go with them. That wouldn't be funny except for the fact that I have to wait another 6 months to actually take the pictures.

I hope I stay excited about the changes and the new direction that I'm taking, but we shall see.



2 comments:

  1. YEA!!! I'm so excited for you (and for me, cause we'll have a ton of fun taking those pics!) Call me tomorrow, or I'll call you and tell you about my dr appt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am excited for you! i know you will give this 110% just like you do everything else. and i also know that if it doesn't work out, you will still do great things. your dad and i are so proud of you - no matter what you do. love you.

    ReplyDelete