Friday, August 27, 2010

Forever & Always - Update

I knocked myself off my rocker last night. I had two (free) photo shoot sessions and I killed them! I was quite nervous going into the sessions, but I did tons of research on the ages of the children to get an idea of what kind of shots to take. My first session was with two little girls (4 and 2 1/2). I didn't think it went well at all, but I'm loving some of the pictures. The oldest girl had a strong personality and just didn't want to listen. The youngest was super cute, but really not old enough to understand directions.

The second family was the ideal family to shoot. I think the boys were 3 and 5 and the little girl was 3 months. Mom and Dad both came with them and they were all pretty mellow. The boys' listened to directions, smiled and just had fun. The little girl was a bit harder to shoot. She is at that age where she can't sit up, but looks a bit odd laying down. Again though, I'm totally happy with the outcome.

Overall, yesterday was a definite success. I should have the Forever & Always blog updated by Tuesday with the edited pictures. Check it out and if you like them, refer me to someone so that I can actually make some money. I'm going to add a blurb on the other blog about being based out of Columbia, but able to do shoots in Springfield on request.

On the money side of things, I just had a call this morning from a lady who is interested in a family session and also a session of her husband riding ATVs/Dirt Bikes at their track in their backyard. Apparently, he does jumps and tricks and she would like to get motion shots. Motion shots are a night and day difference from portraits. I told her that I would do the motion shots for free, because that is something that I have zero experience with. Hopefully, she will set up a child or family session as well.

I have two more free sessions tomorrow morning. I'm hoping they go well. My thought is to do these four free sessions and hopefully the families will like them and then refer other people to me for actual paying sessions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I've been keeping myself really busy focusing on photography. I've been reading books, doing online classes, working on the blog, researching techniques, looking into actions for photoshop and finding inspiring photos. I feel like I've finally found something that I really like and I'm proud of myself. I never thought that I would be a person who would like their job, but if I can actually get this up and going I'm going to be that person.

2 comments:

  1. Your game plan is working to perfection. Do your schooling/research, gain experience, build your confidence and you will be very successful. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete