Friday, October 1, 2010

Super Yummy Sandwiches (Go Martha, Go Martha, Go Martha...Go..Go)

I've been on a kick for quite awhile to try two new meals a week. I've been bookmarking everything that I want to try in all of our cookbooks. Once I try the recipe, I write my notes down (what I like, didn't like, what I added, etc.) in the book. If it is a good recipe, then I write down the recipe in my handwritten recipe book. Once I finish going through one of the recipe books, I'm going to pass it on. Pay it forward. Hmm, does "Pay it forward" make sense? Well anyways, I hope you get the idea. Who wants to be the recipient of my first cookbook?

So, back to the yummy new sandwiches that we tried. The first one is from Martha. In her magazine, she had a page all about gourmet grilled cheeses. Yummy! We tried the one in the top/center of the picture.
Grilled cheese with bacon, avocado, tomato and honey mustard. So simple, yet so amazing. Probably the best sandwich that I've ever had at home. Prep/Cook time: 10 min (You have to love that).

On to number 2: Grilled Chicken Sliders. I loved these! Grilled chicken on buns with a kiwi/honey/mint mixture and apple slices. Sooooo good. I'm glad I have leftovers for lunch today.


Coconut Almond Macaroons (thank you Martha!). If you eat them expecting a cookie, then you will be disappointed. They are airy and chewy. I'm not sure I can compare them to anything. They didn't quite turn out like the picture but they were still good. Really easy to make as well. Prep/Cook time: 12 min.
I don't usually end up adding everything that I tried to my "good" recipe book, but all of these were good. I'll have to remember this when I have a few bad ones in a row.


1 comment:

  1. You always find good recipes that are also healthy!! I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete