Saturday, April 9, 2011

Marshmallow Bunny

I came across a great tutorial for making a Marshmallow Bunny Plushie. You can find it here. If you read the blog, then you know that I am a beginner when it comes to sewing. I printed off the pattern and started to cut out my pieces. I used the yellow fleece that I had leftover from the Chiefs Mohawk Hat. The pattern called for "satin stitching" the eyes and nose. I read through a tutorial for how to do that, but still couldn't figure it out. I decided to use my Grandma's method of doubling the thread, making a knot at the bottom and just weaving in and out to make the eyes/nose. I did the same thing for making the heart on the bottom.

I tried and tried to get the edging on the bunny but couldn't figure it out. I basted it to the bunny and that didn't work. I pinned it to the bunny and that didn't work either. I'm going to have to have a hands-on mentoring session with my Grandma to learn. =)

Here is what my bunny looks like. I looks better in person. I'm going to put it in Greyson's Easter basket and I think he will love it.


1 comment: